Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Saturday, April 23, 2011

saturday ramblings

My appetite is gone....literally, there are only 3 things I want to eat.


A grilled cheese sandwich {preferably from Bar-B-Que King*
...and preferably in the morning before they open}





A tomato sandwich {with a little salt and pepper...and
Duke's mayo of course!}



And an Orange Julius Smoothie {strawberries, bananas, and pinapple juice, thank you very much!}


Needless to say, this is what my diet consists of currently. 
A momma's gotta do what a momma's gotta do!



*For those of you who don't know about Bar-B-Que King....it's a small town, family owned bar-b-que joint that everyone in town loves!!  I worked there forever ago, but still remember how good that early morning grilled cheese tasted!!



On a completely different note, I have been reading a lot of good books!!  One of my favorite authors is Dorothea Benton Frank.  All of her books are set in and around Charleston.  I love the southern-ness of her books {I am sure this isn't a word, but it describes her books perfectly!}.  Two other authors I have come to love are Karen Kingsbury {a Christian writer} and Dan Walsh {another Christian author}.  My sweet husband surprised me with a Kindle so I could read while on bedrest.  The best part about the Kindle is the free books!!  Most of the books I have downloaded have been free and really good reads.  But the book I really want to recommend is Heaven is for Real by Todd Burpo.  It's about a little boy who went to heaven and it is amazing!  Read it.  Trust me, you will be amazed too!





4 insights:

Winter

Those grilled cheese sandwiches is what gets me through those early mornings!

Nicole

Ronda gave me a bunch of Karen Kingsbury books if you want to borrow some or all of them. If so, let me know!

Lauren@ "Happiness is..."

Grilled cheese always sounded good to me when I was pregnant? You're almost there!

Erica Ledbetter

YUM! That picture makes my mouth water! :)

Post a Comment