Yesterday, we went to the OB to figure out the plan...would we deliver at 37 weeks {next week}? or wait?
After talking to my doctor he gave us two options....
1. We could deliver at 37 weeks BUT we had to agree to go to Charlotte to have an amniocentesis to make sure Hudson's lungs were developed enough to deliver. {{We don't want him to spend some time in the NICU, now do we?}}
OR
2. We could plan to schedule a C Section at 39 weeks as long as Hudson and my blood pressure behaved. {{This meant me staying on bed rest until 39 weeks....THREE.MORE.WEEKS.}}
As much as I would love for Hudson to be here next week, I know that option 2 was safest for our little man.
So, the plan {which can of course change at any minute second} is to have a C Section on May 11th.
At least there is a light at the end of the tunnel!
Another interesting thing.....when he measured my abdomen, it was measuring at 42 weeks....6 weeks later than what I should be measuring!!! Pretty sure I am growing a toddler and not a newborn!


0 insights:
Post a Comment