Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Thursday, April 7, 2011

pre-preeclampsia

I haven't blogged in so long that I am not even sure where to begin with this post....


Let's just start with last Tuesday night....

I made dinner for my hubs and mom, but couldn't eat because I was so nauseous.  This has been happening frequently and I felt like I was going back to my first trimester.  Along with feeling nauseous, I was also a little dizzy and seeing "spots" in my vision.  So, Wednesday, I woke up with a terrible headache....took some tylenol and headed to work.  Around lunch, I felt so sick and uneasy (I just knew something wasn't right) so I had someone at work check my blood pressure and it was elevated crazy high for me.  I immediately called my doctor and told them my symptoms....high blood pressure, swelling (which has honestly been happening since week 17), headache, dizziness, and "spotty" vision.  They want to see me....immediately.  I go to the doctor and they send me over to labor and delivery to be monitored.  I am 33 weeks pregnant.  I am freaking out.  They monitor me for a little while and send me on my way.  Still. feel. terrible.

Thursday, I wake up feeling the exact same way.  I call my doctor again.  He sends me straight to labor and delivery.  They monitor me all day and that afternoon my doctor comes back to talk to me.  He tells me I am out of work and on bedrest.  I cry.  He says he would like to keep me in the hospital for 36-72 hours to be monitored.  They give me some magnesium sulfate and steroids for Hudson's little lungs.  Apparently, they are concerned that I could go into labor anytime.  Andrew comes home to pack both of us a bag {because we will be here for a few days} and my mom comes to stay for a while.  My doctor has ordered that I can only have one visitor at a time so when Andrew gets back, my mom leaves to come home.  The next morning, my doctor comes in smiling saying he has good news.  Praise the Lord!!  I can go home as long as I "promise to be good".  Basically, I have to stay in the bed until Hudson decides to make his arrival.  My doctor is concerned that my 'condition' will turn into preeclampsia.  I am allowed to get up to use the bathroom and take one bath/shower a day.
 
So, here I am.  In bed.  For who knows how long. 

1 insights:

kimmie

Ok...i should have read this blog first...now i've got the full story. I can't believe you've had to go thru all that...bless your heart. Are you going to be able to go to your shower Saturday? I'll be praying for you and little Hudson that he hangs in there a little longer and that you don't go crazy being on bed rest.

Post a Comment