Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Wednesday, March 3, 2010

road trip

I am a planner....so you can imagine how stressed out I got when Andrew called Friday morning and said we were leaving that afternoon to go to Boone for a training session Saturday morning. Since we don't have kids, it is a little easier to just pick up and go, but it is still a little stressful for me! I like a routine. I enjoy having plans. I write everything down in my planner. I have a list for everything. It's just how I operate. Nevertheless, I made a plan for the afternoon to prepare to leave and got to it! I had to clean my house, do laundry, figure out where Cooper Lee would stay, and pack my overnight bag. I felt much better about the whole situation when we left!

As you can see, Andrew was not stressed at all!

So, to my real story....our road trip to Boone. We left around 6:30pm and drove to Boone. When we got there, we ate at Macado's (yummy! loooove the macaroni and cinnamon sensation dessert!). Then we went to our hotel room at the Broyhill Inn. Now, I am super picky about hotel rooms and in general find them very gross. This one was clean but really outdated! I probably wouldn't want to stay here again! From the front, it doesn't look so bad, but I am sure that they haven't updated the rooms since the 80's.

There was snow everywhere, but the roads were clear (and for this, I was thankful!) Saturday morning we got up and had breakfast at the hotel and then drove to the church where the training would be held.


The training was for The Truth Project...a small group study that answers all the important questions ("Who is Jesus?") and gives you Biblical references to back-up what we believe. How often have you found yourself trying to defend your beliefs and not had the knowledge to do so? Our beliefs are based on faith, but I think it is also important to have hard evidence to show non-believers that we are not out of our minds! {We are starting the study this Sunday and I am soooo excited!} All morning, we took notes....


My favorite quote of the day was "If the Devil can't make you bad, he will make you busy." How true!!


After the conference, we made a quick trip my Andrew's old house. He went to school at App so he felt right at home!It was a pretty nice house for 7 college guys to live in!

After reminiscing about Andrew's college days, we ate at Woodland's for lunch (my favorite bar-b-que joint!), went to Verizon (and got me a new droid!), and did a little shopping at the outlets (okay, maybe a lot of shopping). It was a perfect day!




And I couldn't resist taking a picture of this sign....

3 insights:

kimmie

Sounds like a fun weekend! (Planned or not!!) They showed a picture of that sign on the news the other week and I got a kick out of it too!! Also, I like the quote about the devil making you BUSY. One of my clients told me the other month it stood for Buried Under Satan's Yoke. That stuck in my head really strong for several weeks and God has to continually remind me of it!! I look forward to seeing you Friday!!

Anonymous
This comment has been removed by the author.
Nicole

I love the last picture (it made me do a little chuckle out loud) and when I'm able to update my FB status again will probably still that quote! [FYI ;)] .. Glad y'all had fun! & yeah, that house was WAY too nice for 7 college guys! ha

Post a Comment