Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Thursday, March 4, 2010

freedom

Last night at youth, we talked about the persecution of Christians. Scary! Christians being killed, beaten, put in jail....all around the country! And I am sure it will only get worse. Andrew read a scripture that really spoke to me...."Carry each other's burdens, and in this way you will fulfill the law of Christ. If anyone thinks he is something when he is nothing, he deceives himself. Each one should test his own actions. Then he can take pride in himself, without comparing himself to somebody else, for each one should carry his own load." Galatians 6:2-5

Carry each other's burdens....what powerful words! Last night, as I walked around the room and read the stories of persectuion going on around the world (and even in the US), I felt so much sorrow for these people....a people that will one day be us. Andrew also reminded us to not only pray for our brothers and sisters going through this, but also for the people who are doing the persecuting (like Paul prayed for his persecuters {Psalm 35, I believe!})...that God will change their hearts.

Aaron also reminded us that if we don't have a heart for this, pray that God will give us a heart for these people. He also challenged us to bow our heads and pray before every meal, no matter where we are.

How often do we take our freedom forgranted? Freedom to read the Bible, to pray, to be Christians....
Pray for the people who do not have this freedom.
To read stories that will touch your heart, click here.

2 insights:

Unknown

Hey doll! I have no idea that you had a blog! How exciting!

amber

I haven't been blogging long! I've enjoyed reading yours :)

How are things? Its been forever!

Post a Comment