Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Wednesday, February 24, 2010

i'm back

I haven't had the time to blog in what seems like forever! Things have been busy in my life....work, home, etc. Let me just fill you in on what I've been doing for the past two weeks....

Work....has been crazy....everyone is sick! Plus, I haven't been feeling great (sinus/allergy problems). Usually, I blog in the mornings because I try to not get on the computer in the afternoons (so I can spend time with that sweet husband of mine!), but the mornings have been so rushed that I haven't had time to get my thoughts together!

This past Sunday, Andrew was called to bring the word to our entire congregation...can you imagine?!?! I am not one for public speaking, but Andrew does not mind at all! Not to brag, but I thought he did an amazing job! {an unbiased opinion, of course!} I think he was a little nervous the night before and morning of, but once he got up there, he was cool, calm, and collected. He talked about the fruits of the spirit (found in Galatians 5, starting verse 16) and about Jesus being the true vine and God the gardener (found in John 15). He also referenced 1 Corinthians, chapter 13, about Love (we all know this passage right?) and how this kind of love is only possible through God (how true!). He gave three principles to live by....get back to the basics (prayer, getting in the word, etc), surrendering yourself (completely, each and every day!), and going to war (because, let's be honest, it's a battle out there!) {as a side note, I like to think of putting on the armor of God, found in Ephesians 6:10-20}. I am so proud of Andrew for listening when God called! How lucky I am to have an awesome man of God as my husband!

We also went to a Bobcats game (and had box seats!) with some amazing friends {I'll blog about that later!}. And tonight, we are going to dinner for my brother-in-laws birthday {pictures and a blog to come!}. Hopefully this week will bring more blogging!

0 insights:

Post a Comment