Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Monday, January 4, 2010

Twenty.Ten.

I am not really into the whole making new years resolutions thing. So often, people make new years resolutions only to end them at the end of January...take the gym, for instance, everyone joins the gym in January in an attempt to lose weight, exercise, and become a healthier person...at the end of January, those people are no where to be found! I know, I have been this person! So, I didn't make a new years resolution this year...instead, I am going to focus on being a better me. Now, this process will involve eating healthier, exercising more, losing weight, being a better friend, being a better wife, deepening my relationship with my Lord and Savior, and being the kind of person that God has called me to be. Yesterday's service was about the new year and asking yourself a few important questions...the first question was "Are you happy with your relationship with Christ?" Obviously my answer was NO! I can always work on getting to know my Father in a new and intimate way. And I pray that I never become a content person in my relationship with my Father...I pray that I am always looking for ways to deepen it. I know that if I can first work on being the kind of woman God has called me to be, everything else will fall into place...so, first on my "reviving amber" journey will be to be that woman!
I also plan to work on being a better wife. Now, I realize that we have only been married three months, but I have to admit that I am still a work in progress (and am sure I will always be!). I lose my temper; I sometimes yell (although, that doesn't happen too often!); I get frustrated; I can be bossy and like things done my way...you know, just typical woman things. In an attempt to be a better wife, I plan to try to keep myself in check and treat Andrew with the love and respect he deserves...even when I don't feel like it!
Every woman needs girlfriends! I have always felt that is an important part of life. I have to admit though, sometimes I find it hard to have a lot of girlfriends. I do not like drama and let's face it...some girls are dramatic! So, that causes a problem. I have learned that you should hold on to good friends...friends that are there no matter what! So, thats what I plan to do...nurture friendships I have neglected.
Everyone says you gain weight when you get married...well, that's definitely been my case! Andrew and I eat late, always have sweets around, and prefer lounging around to running around! Summer is right around the corner and I plan to be ready! So, no more sweets (well, not an excessive amount...it's all about portion control!), exercise more, and eat healthier...that's my plan!

Clearly this is not a new year's resolution...it's a plan! Reviving Amber...I like the sound of that!


Sidenote: In our Sunday School Class ("Love's Journey"...taught by my wonderful father-in-law), the women did a study on a book "Me? Obey Him?" in an attempt to learn to be a submissive wife (biblically submissive, not a doormat!). It has been very...hmmm...enlightening!



To view the book online, click on "Me? Obey Him?" under my links!

0 insights:

Post a Comment