Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Tuesday, January 19, 2010

A must see...

Saturday night we met a few friends at Birkdale to see The Book of Eli...what an amazing movie! Andrew is a huge fan of Denzel so I knew we would see it, even though I had no clue what it was about. I would watch the previews and still have no clue what it was about! When the movie first started, I wasn't sure I would enjoy it (Denzel killed 5 men within the first 10 minutes of the movie!). Well...I was pleasantly surprised! Denzel plays a man named Eli who is on a mission from God to carry the only Bible across the country...not the same country we know, but a country that has gone through a great war, where all the other Bibles were burned, people were left blind, and the world is in shambles. Eli is walking by faith and not by sight....he has completely trusted himself to God (for his safety, direction, food, everything!). How amazing is that?!?! How I long to be like "Eli"! So many times, I find myself wanting to do things my way and in my time, instead of God's way and in God's time. How selfish I am! It also made me realize how much we take our freedom forgranted...to worship our Lord, to read His Word, and to say out loud "GO GOD!" (as my dear friend Michelle likes to say!). What if we weren't allowed to read the Bible? What if there was only one Bible on the whole planet left? What would we do? Where would we go for answers? I don't know about you, but I look to His Word for answers. What would I do if I didn't have it? Do I have it memorized? Obviously, the answer here is "no"! What a scary thought! I need to know this stuff...I need to carry His words in my mind and in my heart.

Needless to say, not only was this movie enjoyable to watch, it also made me really think! In my opinion, its a must see!



To view the trailer, click here.




On a different note...It is currently 64 degrees in Lincolnton...in the middle of January! Yesterday, I turned my heat off and opened my windows...there is nothing better than fresh air blowing through your house! I love this weather!

0 insights:

Post a Comment