We pulled into Brandon's driveway Friday night at 10:30pm...after a long 3 1/2 hour drive. Meredith came over and we talked until about 2am. I usually go to bed around 10pm so this was really late for me! Andrew asked if I had ever been up that late!
Saturday morning we woke up to the smell of Dunkin Donuts coffee! The men had gotten up before me and Meredith and brought donuts home....yum! After eating breakfast and figuring out our plans for the day, we headed off to our first destination....BrandsMart. If you have never heard of BrandsMart or been there....you have to go! It is a huge store full of brand name items for a really good price! We bought a 19" Sony tv for $145....the same tv was $300 at BestBuy! They have everything...from major appliances (washing machines, ovens, etc.) to small kitchen appliances (graters, spoons, spatulas, etc). After spending a few hours in there, we decided that we had worked up an appetite and went to eat at f2o. They had soups, salads, and sandwiches...and a really fun atmosphere!
Andrew and Bradon were really enjoying their food...and mine and Meredith's!
Me and the bride-to-be...waiting on our yummy cupcakes!
After eating lunch, we went to Underground Atlanta because Andrew really wanted to check it out. Not exactly my cup of tea, but whatever!
Bodies-The Exhibition and Dialog in the Dark were both there! I wanted to see Bodies when it came to Charlotte, but never got the chance...so, I was so excited when we found it in Atlanta. No one else really seemed as excited as me, but they were good sports! It was very fascinating to see all the muscles, blood vessels, and bones that I learned about in nursing school. They also had a room dedicated to a growing baby...which of course I loved! Even at 9 weeks, you could make out little hands, feet, and the face! Precious. Dialog in the Dark was a little challenging for me at first. The whole experience is to simulate an hour in the life of a blind person. When you first arrive, you grab a walking stick and enter into a barely lit room. They start telling you about the exhibit and how your other senses will awaken....as the lights are going out! You literally cannot see your hand in front of your face. Your tour guide (a visually impaired person) takes you through rooms that are set-up to be like real life experiences (a park, a grocery store, crossing a street, etc). At the beginning of the tour, I thought I may have a panic attack (I know, a little dramatic, right?!) But by the end, I was a little more comfortable with the situation. It made me really appreciate what I take forgranted every day....my sight! Now, it seems that everything I do I think to myself "wow, this would be really hard to do if I couldn't see!". Everything...from putting my make-up on to hopping in my car to pick up things at the grocery store. Living without sight would be very difficult and frustrating. My heart goes out to those who have visual impairments.
After the exhibits, we did a little shopping (they had an h&m!). And then went to dinner at Taco Mac so the boys could watch the game....and I could get a whole cup of ice cold water dumped on me by our waiter (true story!). After dinner, we went back to the house and played a few games.
me (freezing and wet!) and my man (handsome and loveable!)
Sunday morning, we woke up to Dunkin Donuts again! I am pretty sure I gained a few pounds on this trip! We went to the church that Meredith and Brandon have been visiting, First Baptist Woodstock. They have 17,000 members! They were honoring their missionaries which was a very humbling experience.
After church, we went to downtown Roswell and ate lunch at a little cafe. Then, it was time to head home. We had an amazing weekend and cannot wait to go back to visit!
I also had to snap a picture of this....


0 insights:
Post a Comment