Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Tuesday, February 2, 2010

I'm Hooked

Our TV is always on, but I rarely watch it....if that makes any sense at all! Let me explain. In the morning, I get up and watch the Today show for about 15-20 minutes (I see the weather and a few other stories, but that is pretty much all). Then, when I get home in the afternoon, I watch The Food Network (Cooking for Real, Barefoot Contessa, Everyday Italian, and Down Home with the Neelys)....well, I should say my TV is on this station although usually I am doing laundry, cleaning the house, or cooking dinner...so, I am not really sitting down and giving it my full attention. Then Andrew gets home, we have dinner and usually have somewhere we have to go (basketball game/football game/softball game, church, dinner with family/friends, Bible study, etc). When we get home, the TV goes on ESPN and does not get changed (for fear of losing my hand). So, hopefully that makes more sense....the TV is always on, but rarely watched! Even when I have time to actually sit down and watch TV, I prefer to read. There is something about a good book that entices me to curl up (with my snuggie) and get lost in the story. However, last night, I got hooked. I don't even know how it happened! Andrew came home last night and told me that I should stay home instead of going to his basketball game because his game was late and they were probably going to win. So, here I am, sitting at home, alone, on a Monday night. So, I took a nice long bubble bath and picked out a new book to read (I just finished The Help...an amazing book!). So, I picked out a book that I have already read (although it has been so long that I forgot what it was about!) by Dorothea Benton Frank...one of my favorite authors! I curled up on the couch, book and snuggie in hand, and turned on the TV (not to watch, just to have some "noise"). The Bachelor was on....and on a date with Tenley. That was it...I was hooked! I put the book down and gave Jake my full attention. What have I done?? Now, I cannot wait until next week to see which girl he choses!! Of course I formed opinions of these strangers almost immediately (isn't that terrible?). Here's what I am thinking...



Corrie-I know she was sent home last night, but I still wanted to give my opinion! How terrible did it look for Jake to give her the boot right after she told him she was a virgin?!?! I think Jake is thinking with something different than the brain in his head! How many 23 year old virgins do you meet these days?? Not many, I am sure! Corrie showed class last night by upholding for morals. Jake, not so much...




Vienna-I only have one nice thing to say about her...the girl knows what she wants. Word on the street is that her and Jake have great chemistry, but I didn't see it last night. I thought she should have gone home at the rose ceremony.



Gia-What a cute girl! First of all, I liked her immediately because she is brunette (ha!). Jake really seems to dig blondes (considering all the other ladies are blondes)...so, I loved that she was different than the rest! But I am not completely sure Gia knows what a catch she is. Hopefully Jake figures it out...



Ali-Ali and Jake seem to be the most natural "couple" of them all! Maybe it was because she was showing him around her town last night, but they seemed so comfortable together. I am not exactly sure about all the drama that has gone on, but Ali seems to be a part of it. Who knows...


Tenley-I didn't really get form an opinion on her because I only saw the end of their date, but she is a cute girl and seems to really be into Jake. I guess when you have been married before, you know what you are looking for....

So, there you have it....I am hooked on The Bachelor...after only one episode! And I am already looking forward to next week and weighing in on which girl is "the one"!!









4 insights:

kimmie

Girl!!!!!! I am so hooked on this show too!!! I've watched it from the beginning & I also watched Jake on the Bachelorette. I was suprised that he sent Corie home...I thought Jake was a better guy than that!! You would love Tenley, she is my favorite! Ali has caused too much drama with Vienna so neither of them sit well with me. Gia is my second choice, she is beautiful & doesn't really know it so I like that about her. Anyway, maybe we need to have a Bachelor Finale Party cause I love Monday nights on TV!! Oh, One Tree Hill is also a GREAT show! You should catch up on a season or two & you would be hooked!!! Love It!!

amber

I am so glad you told me your opinions!! Usually, I don't watch The Bachelor, but I loved it Monday night!! We should definitely have a Finale party!!!!! I don't watch One Tree Hill either....I really need to get into some more tv shows. Ha. I meant to tell you yesterday...I love reading your blog. Maddox is soooo cute!

Meredith Davis

I LOVE this show too! Totally addicted! I want Veinna to go too and I really like Gia...she is so beautiful. I think Jake has his eyes on Ali....can't wait for next week!!!!

amber

Me either....the anticipation is killing me. And I read somewhere that Ali sends herself home!! Maybe that's why they aren't having a rose ceremony...

Post a Comment