So, I'm a little late writing this {over a month}, but here goes...
On May 1st, around 10pm, I started feeling "funny". I felt like I had to go to the bathroom every 5 seconds, but could not pee. I wasn't having any pain exactly but something just didn't feel right. I told Andrew that I didn't think anything was wrong but that I felt like something was going on. Oh, and I couldn't sleep. So, around 11:30pm, I got back into bed and laid down. All of a sudden, GUSH {yes, it was literally a gush}....my water broke. I woke Andrew and told him....
Me {pretty calmly, I might add}: Hey, babe, I think my water just broke.
Hubs: What?!
Me: My water just broke!
Hubs: Well, what should we do??
Me: Ummm...I guess go to the hospital.
We then leisurely get out of bed and start to get ready. Who would have thought I would have been so cool, calm and collected for our first baby?!
Anyway, we jump in the car and head to the hospital {which is about a 30 minute drive}. During this 30 minute drive, I start having really bad contractions {that are less than 5 minutes apart}. When we get to the hospital, around 12:45 am, I am dilated to 4 cm! They start my IV and send in anesthesia. Because it is the middle of the night and we had already planned on having a C-Section {because little man was breech}, we have an emergency C-Section. It all happened so fast!! One minute, we are driving to the hospital and the next, we have a crying, healthy baby!
Let me back up a little though...
The Friday before Hudson was born, my doctor convinces me and hubs that it's best that he perform an amniocentesis to determine if Hudson's lungs are mature enough to be delivered early. My body was not tolerating the pregnancy well and my doctor thought it was best that we deliver Hudson as soon as he was ready! The amniocentesis showed that Hudson's lungs were not mature and we shouldn't deliver him early {I was 37 weeks at this point}.
So, back to the delivery...
I was so worried that Hudson's lungs would not be mature enough and that he would be in distress when he was born. So, to hear his first cry was amazing!! His lungs were healthy and mature!! After seeing him for a short second, Andrew cut his umbilical cord and took him to the nursery to be assessed. After they put me back together, Andrew brought Hudson to the recovery room and we were able to spend some time as a family! It was the most amazing experience! We were so in love!!
Hudson Reid
May 2, 2011
3:18 am
8 lbs 8 oz
20 inches
{{more to come on what happened after our sweet little man was born...}}




1 insights:
Congratulations! It is such a marvelous experiene isn't it? Such a blessing. I am so glad that his lungs were nice and healthy and can I just say how beautiful he is!! So happy for you! (I've been waiting for a blog update and since it had been so long I figured that the baby had come!)
Post a Comment