Today was my monthly appointment to check on Hudson. His heartbeat was 154 {just goes to show that you can't believe old wives tales!}. I have gained a little more weight, but my doctor doesn't seem to be worried. I, on the other hand, am a little stressed out about it! I've always heard that people gain more weight with their first pregnancy, but I am just not prepared to pack on a ton of weight! I watch what I eat and try to eat healthy. I don't deprive myself of things I want (like chocolate and other goodies) but I don't over indulge either. So, I guess I just have to accept the fact that my body is going to do exactly what it needs to do. I was also a little concerned because my feet and hands have been swelling {I can't even put my wedding rings on!}, but he assured me that it was not a big deal {since my blood pressure has been so good}. So, Hudson is a healthy little man with a strong heartbeat and momma is okay {just a little larger than she expected!}. My next appointment is next month and I will do the glucose test {ugh!}.
Thursday, January 13, 2011
Doctor Visit
Labels:
doctor appointment,
hudson reid,
pregnancy
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 insights:
So glad you and Hudson are doing good!! It's funny you posted this b/c i was just venting to your Mother-in-law this morning about how frustrated i was with my weigh gain. I'm sure i've got you beat so if you want to feel good about yours...we should talk!ha!
Im so glad that you returned to posting, I have forever wondered how you were! As you were saying, I so dont listen to those wives tales... they are so off! Anyway a little advice that seemed to help me with the swelling during pregnancy, afterwards was a different story but before I found that drinking LOTS and I mean LOTS of water kept me a little less on the swollen side but it sounds to me that you are right where you need to be! And the glucose test wasnt all that bad the nurse told me to drink the stuff about 30 min before I got to my appointment and then they would draw my blood and Id be able to leave the orange stuff tasted more like watered down koolaid if that makes you feel any better (note that some drs want you to drink it there and some dont have a prefrence, mine didnt)!;) And I admit too that I was a little frustrated with the weight gain probably the entire pregnancy until I just quit going to Motherhood Maternity store and actually went to belk for clothes that fit a "me" size! LOL Just try to ignore your own horomones (right) and tell yourself that you are the gorgeous lady that you always have been:) I love ya girl and I hope these last several weeks go smoothly for you! Keep us posted! Praying for you all!
Hey Amber! Glad to hear you and Hudson (such a cute name!!!) are doing good! I know you're excited! So cool that our little guys will be so close in age too! :) Good luck with the glucose appt. And if you are a negative blood type (as I found out I was, under bad circumstances.. ugh), make sure they give you the Rhogam shot. ;) I wish you luck with the rest of the pregnancy.. and don't worry about your weight. You are beautiful. And what you are carrying is precious and well worth anything you have to go through. Well, at least thats what I'm telling myself! haha! Love ya girl!
Post a Comment