Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Thursday, May 27, 2010

when it rains, it pours...


At least, that has been the case this past week at the Grooms house!

Let me start with last Thursday...

Hubs and I went to our neice's t-ball game and as I am sitting there {watching Blake, our cute nephew} a fly ball {from another field where the big kids were playing} hit knocked the wind out of me. I was sitting between hubs and my MIL and she ducked {so it wouldn't hit her in the head} and it hit my chest. At first, I was a little shocked. Hubs and MIL were asking if I was okay/hurt/etc. and all I wanted to do was cry. It hurt so bad and then everyone around was asking if I was okay which always makes you want to cry even more. So here I am, sitting at a t-ball game with a lot of people around....the last thing I wanted to do was bust out crying!! So, like a big girl, I held back my tears until we started walking to the car. Hubs asked me if I was okay and I immediately said no and a few little tear came out!

Then, we get home and hubs closes the garage door and hears a loud bang. He goes to check it out and sees nothing.

Friday morning I wake up feeling like crap...my poor chest hurt and I had a terrible sinus headache. So, I decided I was feeling too bad to go to work and stayed in bed instead! Hubs goes to leave for work and guess what?!? our garage door won't go up! So, he calls our brother-in-law and tells him what happened {with the big bang the night before} and BIL says its probably a spring or screw or something. No big deal, someone will be by today to fix it! Yay!

BOO! Man comes by and says it will be Saturday before he can fix it. So, my car is stuck in the garage and I have to drive hubs big truck.

Saturday rolls around and I decide to venture out to Wal-Mart {because hubs is working, I have to go by myself}. I get everything on my list and head out to leave. I get in the big truck, stand up on the brake so I can see if anything is coming, let off the brake and POW! I get out to see the damage I have done...

{this isn't the exact car...this one actually looks a little better!}


OOPS!
The lady in the car is mad pissed!
Now bumper-less woman: Ugh! Did you not see me?!?!
Me: {thinking} Yes, I did see you, I just thought it might be fun to play bumper cars today. {Saying} No, I did not, I am sorry.
Now bumper-less woman: I tooted my horn!
Me: I am sorry, I didn't hear it.
Now bumper-less woman: {dialing on her phone} There's been a wreck in the Wal-Mart parking lot, send a police officer.
Officer comes, writes a report {because the woman demanded one!} and sends me on my way.
I call hubs and he laughs because now he has proof that I am a bad driver.
The man comes to fix the garage Monday {not Saturday!} so I am stuck driving the truck until Tuesday.
Tuesday night our hot water heater goes out. I have been without hot water since then.
Oh, yeah, and our lawn mower broke {that hubs used once before dying on us}.
But we are going to the beach Friday so nothing can rain on my parade!!

2 insights:

Laura Taylor

OMG I thought I was the only one who has strings of bad luck happen to them! WOW...you definitely have me beat! After all that though, you have to just sit back and laugh and just say...okay...this too shall pass! :)

What beach are yall going to be at? Were leaving Saturday, but coming back on Monday. We will be at Holden.

kimmie

Just read your blog to Chris and he said to call him next time you have something go wrong. He said he could have fixed your garage door too! (he thinks)ha! Anyway, hope you have an awesome time at the beach, you so deserve it after the week you've had!!

Post a Comment