Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Thursday, May 20, 2010

a little rant

Have you ever noticed that when you are dating everyone says "When will you get married?"...and when you get engaged everyone says "Have you set your date?"...and when you get married everyone says "When will you have a baby?", "Are you pregnant?". We all know this and, to some extent, expect it. What I did not expect, however, was people telling me when we should start trying to get pregnant, or that we need to wait a certain number of months/years, or what we should name our child when we do have one....REALLY?!? Hubs and I were wise enough to decide...1)that we wanted to get married and stay in our marriage for life, 2)where and when to get married, 3)where to live, 4)our finances....you get the picture. We are not idiots! We are smart people {hubs (common sense smart) + me (book smart)=one whole, level-headed person!}. We have this under control! No need to weigh in about how long we should wait {or if we should wait}.

*disclaimer: mom, if you are reading this, it is not directed to you....only others :)

*sidenote: someone actually asked me if I was pregnant...and told me I had the "pregnancy glow"! It is never okay to ask a woman if she is pregnant {even if it just because of a "glow"}.

**This was too funny to not share....Saturday night, hubs and I went to a wedding shower for our good friends and on the way home stopped by to see our neice and nephew who had just won their softball games and were going to be playing in the chapionship games the next day. As we were leaving, Rachel, my 5 year old neice, started rubbing my belly and asking me when we were going to have a baby!! {Let me just add that I think that is it sad that I now have a little "belly" to rub...thanks to my newlywed weight gain!} I just told her to ask Drew...I am pretty sure that he answered "never". Ha!**



4 insights:

Jim, Heather, Jordan and Madison

love this - people need to mind their business, and stay out of others! it will never end.....trust me :) stick to your guns, stand your ground and stay firm!

kimmie

Hahahah!! Girl you are hilarious!!! But i know exactly what ya mean!! Try hearing that for 10 years!!! Most People finally stopped asking!

(I'm sure you're glow is Christ shining in you and happiness in your marriage, did they ever think of that???)

Nicole

My questions are: What in the world did you say to that someone who suggested you were pregnant? & then my NEXT question is....how did they react?? hahaha...too funny!! Yeah, I thought everyone knew you weren't supposed to ask women that!!

amber

heather...it's so much harder when its family asking! if it's a stranger, I can blow them off...even if it's my family, I blow them off...but hubs family (extended, not immediate!) is a little harder!! :)

kim...first of all, hopefully we won't wait 10 years...I'm not getting any younger :) and second, they only think newlywed=pregnancy

nicole...i think i told her it may be my bronzer (ha!) and then I immediately got and took a pregnancy test just to make sure (haha!). the bad part was that it is a woman who asked me...you would have thought that she knew the rules!!

Post a Comment